Saturday 26 February 2011

Sports Performance

Hypnosis has been used in sport for many years by sports participants to increase their performance, build confidence, alleviate pre game/competition nerves, lose or gain weight, focus attention, develop mental stamina and many other benefits.
Which professional sportsmen have used hypnosis to reach their sporting goals?
Many sportspeople have used hypnosis, for instance golfer Tiger Woods, boxers Frank Bruno, Steve Collins and Nigel Benn, former England cricket captain Mike Brearley, athlete Iwan Thomas, and golfer Ian Woosnam to name but a few.
Hypnosis can also be used with a team to help them achieve their goals. This could be to help them climb a league by winning more matches or perhaps the team requires more motivation and belief that they can win. Hypnosis can be used for all of this and more.
An example of how effective hypnosis can be, in 2009 Twenty20 Cricket cup winners Pakistan had been hypnotised to  forget past failures, win the tournament and bring the world cup back to Pakistan. In addition football teams Ipswich Town and Swindon Town are enjoying successes after working with a hypnotherapist.

In addition hypnosis is highly effective for anxiety, motivation, mental blocks and competition preparation. Most sports men and women who are serious about achieving performance goals use some form of hypnosis whether it's visualisation or affirmation. Many professional and amateur sports participants seek the help of a professional hypnotist to help in their mental training.
 

Sports Hypnotherapists work directly with the Subconscious part of the mind, this is the part of the mind that controls our behaviours. Therefore with hypnosis changes happen very quickly and the sports person finds that their performance improves as a result.

I have experienced personally the benefits of using hypnosis to increase my own sporting performance. My goal of using hypnosis was to increase my batting averages and be more confident in my ability. Before I had hypnotherapy I was scoring an average of 30 runs a game. After only a few sessions I was amazed to find that I scored over 200 runs in a couple of weeks. Ever since then I use many techniques to help me to continue to achieve the goals I want in all the sport I play.

No comments:

Post a Comment